DesignBuilder SBEM for UK Certification Training
This 1-day DesignBuilder course will teach you how to use DesignBuilder’s UK certification interface to improve your productivity when producing EPCs and Building Regulations compliance documents.
We are currently offering online training at a reduced rates, so we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
The course is suitable for existing energy assessors familiar with other SBEM or DSM tools but new to DesignBuilder, as well as those looking to enhance existing DesignBuilder skills. It is also suitable for non-accredited assessors producing Building Regulations compliance documents. The course will introduce the fundamentals of the UK certification interface using SBEM. The DesignBuilder SBEM and DSM interfaces are almost identical therefore the Day 1 introduction training using the SBEM interface also provides the foundation to attend the Day 2 DSM “top-up” course which focuses only on aspects that are specific to DSM calculations. The Certification Day 1 training will include:
- Introduction to DesignBuilder UK Certification: learn how DesignBuilder can simplify and speed up the modelling process, making you more productive.
- Model geometry made easy: learn how to import floor plans plus a brief model geometry re-cap with “top tips” to aid efficient workflow.
- Faster model data input: learn how DesignBuilder’s industry-leading data management system can save you time and reduce the number of errors in your modelling.
- QA and data-checking your model: learn why many of the accreditation schemes like DesignBuilder, and how using it can reduce audit failures compared to iSBEM and similar tools.
- The training will include the latest DesignBuilder features such as the new QA-checking tools and new flexible ways to edit glazing such as stretch and rotate tools that allow existing openings to be easily modified.
The training is designed to teach you how to use DesignBuilder for UK Certification via the SBEM interface, and is a necessary pre-cursor to the 1-day DSM training for those new to DesignBuilder Certification. It will take you through the process of creating a model from start to finish by first defining the model geometry and then inputting data to produce EPCs and Building Regulations compliance documents.
本课程包括免费在线预备训练ing and a free 30-day DesignBuilder education licence that will enable you to practise and consolidate your learning using the material provided on the course. The course and tutorials are part of an integrated training approach, which also includes a comprehensive user training manual and help system, meaning you can quickly learn to use DesignBuilder at minimum cost. The course is open to members of any accreditation scheme and will qualify for 7 hours of CPD. Our SBEM exam is necessary for the assessor to prove to CIBSE that they meet the CIBSE criteria for using DesignBuilder for Level 3 and 4 buildings. Please check with your accreditation scheme on their requirements for you to lodge using DesignBuilder.